Dr. Abhishek Yadav (VPS Lakeshore Hospital)
MBBS; M.S (General Surgery), M.Ch. ( Surgical Gastroenterology), FACS, Fellowship in HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation
Dr. Abhishek Yadav is a well known gastrointestinal, liver diseases and transplantation specialist with more than 10 years of clinical experience in managing patients with complex surgical problems of the liver and gastrointestinal tract. He currently practises at the VPS group of hospitals and is the director of the comprehensive liver care institute at VPS Lakeshore hospital in Kochi, Kerala, India, and is also the visiting surgeon at Keyhole Clinic, Kochi.
Liver Transplant Surgery, Split Liver Transplant, Cadaveric Liver Transplant, Pediatric Liver Transplant, Treatment of Cirrhosis, hepatitis, fatty liver disease, liver cancer, pancreatitis.
- More than 10 years of experience in HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation
- Worked as a Consultant in the unit of Liver Transplantation at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- Worked as a Consultant at Care Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Was instrumental in setting up Liver transplant programs at various centers across the country and abroad prominent one’s being Sheikh Zayed Hospital Lahore Pakistan, and at Karachi where he was invited multiple times to perform transplant surgeries and to train the local surgeons.
- Distinction in Pathology, Ophthalmology and Surgery in MBBS
- University topper at Gujarat university in 2016 in General surgery for which he was awarded 3 gold medals
- Received the best paper award at IASG annual conference in 2013
- Received the best paper award at IHPBA annual conference in 2010
- Life member IMA
- Life member Association of surgeons of India (ASI)
- Member International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association ( IHPBA)
- Member International Liver transplant Society ( ILTS)
- Symbiotic therapy with surgery for chronic pancreatitis. Ramesh H, Abhishek Y, Ashwin A.;Annals of Surgery Volume 00, Number 00, 2015 pub ahead of print
- 2-Prompt repair of bile duct transection identified intra operatively and referred promptly- Experience from a tertiary level care centre.Asit Arora & H. H. Nag & Abhishek Yadav &Agarwal A. Indian J Surg (March–April 2015) 77(2):99–103
- 6-Routine hepatobiliary scan in donors following partial hepatectomy prevents biliary morbidity Yadav A, Gupta S, Goyal N, Wadhawan M, Vasudevan KR ILTS world conference San Francisco May 2012
- 7-Aberrant portal venous anatomy in right lobe living related liver transplantation : Management strategies and comparing outcomes. Yadav A , Wadhawan M, Goyal N, Vasudevan KR, Agarwal S, Gupta S IHPBA world congress Paris June 2012
- 8-Changes in portal pressure predicts the pattern of functional remnant regeneration post donor hepatectomy Gupta S; Goyal N; Wadhawan M; Vasudevan KR; Agarwal S; Yadav A TTS world congress Berlin July 2012
- Surgery for Non colorectal non neuroendocrine liver metastasis Abhishek Yadav, Giriraj Bora, Subash Gupta Annuals of GI surgery ( AIIMS) 2013